Thursday, October 25, 2018

Breakthrough tech!!

     From the article I just read about 10 Breakthrough technologies is from my explore task in the summer I wrote about the 3D printer I know about the printers are now able to melt down some metals and make a prototype through the pinter. I also knew that they metals were slowly improving to become faster to melt down but also stronger when the metals have cooled off. The 3d printer has become cheaper over time and has made it way into hobbyist and designers. The Artificial embryos have me intrigued but also concerned. It is really interesting on how they can take stem cells and are able to form an almost alive creature or the start of the process. For the Sensing city project, it just sounds weird to me. The one I found the most interesting was the genetic fortune telling. It like a report card on what could be wrong with you or predict what you could have in the future. It amazes me that already 1 million people have tried. I know the big companies of 23 and Me and also Ancestry offers their own kit of salvia sampling and figure out where you are from in the world and also what unique about your genotype.

For the ones, I found about interesting for society were artificial embryos, genetic fortune telling, sensing city, AI for everybody, and Babel fish Earbuds. While they are more from the article these are the one that jumped out to me for society because they affect in a pro or con. Either it can connect you to your lost ancestry or the human race may never have to reproduce expect to hand over stem cells. Also trying to fix the environment or trying to figure out human behavior throughout an urban area. The earbuds can break through language barriers. All of these inventions depend on human decisions. While it can connect the world together it is truly up to us to take that leap. When it comes down to the economy it takes a lot of money to start up the process. With each invention, it about playing the long gaming or perfecting your invention but also it has to sell and earn interest back either for the purpose of the invention or project. For the culture aspect, the Babel Fish Earbuds, as stated before, would break language barriers but also may disturb the culture part. While you may be able to understand the language in your native language it also part of their culture to speak it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Twelve Create

1) Today was a day of getting everything organized and what truly still needed to work on in my code. I made a google doc labeled Real creat...