Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Hello, World

Alright learning to code in CS50 was a little bit of a learning curve from my previous experience in Code HS. The first major difference was there a terminal and a window. In the terminal is where the code is going to work. In the window is where your code is going to go. Once I figured out the difference the next learning curve was trying to figure out how the terminal worked. Meaning what  I need to type in so my code would work. Looking back at my code trying to hello world in the code was not hard since some of my early experience has come from Code Hs. It was trying to make it work in the terminal screen. From my learning experience with the terminal here are some hints that will help me later on and that will become second nature in no time. First, you have to make sure you are in the right folder. To achieve this in the terminal type cd unit1 then press enter. repeat the same thing such as cd hello press enter. Once there you are in the file named hello. Once you put your code in the window it time to make it work. The first step is always to make the actual file. To get your second file you would need to type make what the file name is. Since we are doing hello the example is for hello:  make hello.  Once done your last step is to make the code work. To make any code work it's ./the file name. Example for hello is./hello. The period after hello is not included in the code it just a period to end the sentence. Once I practiced a little more in the terminal coding is CS50 was slowing becoming second nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Twelve Create

1) Today was a day of getting everything organized and what truly still needed to work on in my code. I made a google doc labeled Real creat...