Sunday, September 9, 2018

Computer Innovations



The computer innovation that has the most impact on my life was the Nintendo Gameboy Advanced. While it may seem out of date now, it helped me throughout my childhood. While my parents always sent my outside to be entrained, it was my first piece of technology. When I got upset or my emotions were out of wack I would often be sent to my room the Gameboy in hand to play Rugrats The Great Castle Escape. The positives of the device were that on long car rides I was quiet and entrained. When the adults wanted to talk, they just sent me in the other room knowing I was just going to be sitting their quiet. The negatives were that while you may have the device but not many games. Most of my games were hand me downs but it was rare for my parents to spend the money on them. Another positive would be since it advanced it was given a charger cord. Compared to the other console before it, you would have to change the batteries. Which was another expense on top of the games.

When I asked my mother the same question she gave the answer of Email. While phones were around there was no texting only calling. The reasons she said it impacted her life was through personal and work experience. During work hours, the ability of speed to send information and receive. Also, you were now able to transfer document instead of printing them out. She also said it was much more eco-friendly. Since most documents she printed were at least two pages long and if she needed to send them to multi people it added up. Through her personal life when my older sibling went off to college. It helped her to communicate with them. It has the same effect as a letter but much easier to put thoughts down and faster to reach them right away.

While my mom has been on this earth much longer than me. Our innovations impacted us differently. Mine was to keep me quiet but entrained but also helped me cope with my emotions before I found myself in an argument. My mother answer helped keep in touch with the people around her. The biggest thing that both did for us was comfort. It helped my mom ease her mind and me knowing I had something to help to keep my emotions intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Twelve Create

1) Today was a day of getting everything organized and what truly still needed to work on in my code. I made a google doc labeled Real creat...